News
News from the BioCity Campus

COME ON BABY LIGHT MY FIRE - New medical technology forge in Saxony

There are numerous support programs for start-up teams in the university sector. Usually these extend to founding a startup and a little more. However, this is by no means the end of product development and entry into the market in medical technology. And the higher you get on the ladder of the technology readiness level, the fewer and more expensive the corresponding support offers often become.

Dem want biosaxony, the Saxon industry association for biotechnology, medical technology and healthcare, is now taking action and helping start-ups in the field of smart medical technology on the last mile of product development. Specifically, this involves support in dealing with regulatory requirements, reimbursement in the healthcare market and the general implementation of innovative technical solutions in the healthcare system. In the BIO CITY Leipzig, an accelerator is therefore being created on approx. 500 square meters that focuses precisely on these topics: the MEDICAL FORGE Leipzig (www.medicalforge.de).

In 2019/2020, five international start-ups from cardiology were supported in cooperation with the Helios Kliniken, the Leipzig Heart Institute and the city of Leipzig. With what has been learned here and together with many additional partners from healthcare, medical technology, health insurance companies, notified bodies and experienced entrepreneurs as mentors, MEDICAL FORGE will now become an essential building block for faster success in the healthcare market. In addition to coaching and mentoring, the program also offers access to fully equipped laboratories and workshops, including a patient treatment room for trials and product demonstrations. A highlight will be the HP-Multi Jet Fusion for medical 3D printing, which the admitted teams can use free of charge if required.

The call for the next class of the accelerator program is currently running. Interested parties can apply for participation in a simple process up until the end of November via the MEDICAL FORGE website. In December, the partner consortium of local and international clinics, medtech companies and other experts will select which eight teams can move into the MEDICAL FORGE premises on February 01.02.2022st, XNUMX. The interest is great and international - in addition to applications from the region, teams from other countries in Europe and around the world have also registered, as the accelerator is a good stepping stone into the German healthcare market.

The program is funded by the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy on the basis of a decision by the German Bundestag. As a result, the participants receive a 90 percent subsidy for the participation fees. And the remaining 10 percent can also be covered by the support of biosaxonys and the city of Leipzig.

Source: medtech-zwo from October 28.10.2022th, XNUMX


previous news

tediro receives a significant six-figure research grant from the Thuringian development bank for the further development of the mobile robotics platform

The mobile robotic platform from tediro GmbH facilitates a large number of therapies and diagnoses, relieves the increasing documentation effort and supports patients and therapists in ensuring high treatment quality. The Thuringian development bank has also recognized the advantages of this innovation and supports the further development of the mobile robotic platform for therapy and diagnostics.

NextNews

Hybrid conference: Energy Saxony Summit 2021 on December 09th in Dresden

The ENERGY SAXONY SUMMIT is a conference for networking the players in the Saxon energy industry and, in addition to keynotes from business, science and politics, combines forward-looking specialist lectures and an accompanying company exhibition. At the annual event, trend topics are discussed and innovative technology solutions and services are presented, with which the energy transition and the transition to a "green economy" can be successfully designed.